Ultimately, the goal all single men on the prowl have is to arrange a one-on-one meeting with a woman, what is often called a date. (There may be other goals during or after that one-on-one meeting that will be covered in other articles, but let’s just address getting that first date. First things first, right.
Best Ways to Get a Date Step #1
1. Get off your butt. Sitting at home on the couch, eating potato chips and watching cop show reruns is about the furthest thing away from learning how to attract girls, let alone getting a date. Unless you put yourself out there and make some effort, you probably have zero chance of meeting a girl. So, the first step is to get out of the house as often as possible. Here are ways to do that:
* Increase your circle of friends so you have an active social life
* Join a club that allows you to pursue your interests
* Visit places where people like to frequent, such a bookstores, museums, and sports events.
* Join a sports team, such as volleyball. Or if you were not athletic, something such as joining a chess team would work equally as well.
These are just a few ideas to get you out there.
Best Ways to Get a Date Step #2
2. The second step in getting a date is to actually walk up to a girl, what we like to call approaching a girl. So, say you are at the bookstore and see a really interesting girl in the horticulture section. Your next step is going to e approaching her.
Before you approach a girl, you should know a little bit about body language. If she has very closed off body language, you might want to choose another woman to approach.
If you are at a party and you see a woman across the room you are interested in approaching, you can feel out her openness by making eye contact and even smiling at her. If she gives you a dirty look at looks away, steer clear. But if she makes brief eye contact, that make be a good sign. If she gives you a little smile, that is a green light to approach. Don’t’ tarry or you may lose your chance.
Best Ways to Get a Date Step #3
3. Strike up a conversation. Once you get the green light, don’t waste anytime in walking up to her. A lot of guys get caught up in how to be super entertaining at this point, but that isn’t always necessary. Sometimes the most effective approach is a simple hello.
It does help if you have practiced your conversational skills with others so you aren’t completely tongue-tied. But remember, even if you are naturally shy, give it a shot. Many women think that a guy who is a bit shy is cute.
Best Ways to Get a Date Step #4
4. Get her phone number.
I usually like the most direct and simplest approach to do this. I’ve already established the groundwork, by saying (shortly after I’ve approached her) that I can only stick around for a few minutes because my friends and I are leaving.
Then after a few minutes of conversation, I say, “Give me your phone. I’d like to continue this conversation at a later time.”
Put your number in her phone. Test it out by calling your cell and then say goodbye.
Best Ways to Get a Date Step #5
5. Call her about two days later and arrange a meeting.